February 25, 2016
How To Series: What To Consider When Choosing Your Wedding Photographer
You’re finally starting to put that hidden (or not so hidden) Pinterest board to use! Finding wedding vendors and planning out your wedding can be a headache at times because you have to google search, view websites, write tons of emails, etc to just get to those vendors who you REALLY want. Wedding Photography is one of the biggest things brides search for, and we agree with brides saying that it truly is important. Not only for the memories of your wonderful day being captured, but that you want a photographer who will click with you both! A Photographer that yes, will photograph your wedding, but feel like a best friend. Someone who you love their photographs, their personalities, and completely trust them with everything. We know that is a lot to search for a see in maybe just a small amount of time.
We want to share with you tips to help you find your perfect wedding photographer!
- Start Early! You can never start too early to search for your wedding photographer! The more time that you give in between researching, meeting, and talking with photographs and the wedding, it will be a benefit to you! Plus, once you have found your wedding photographer you LOVE, you don’t want to wait to snatch them up!
- Ask questions! Taking the time to ask questions, it will help point you in the right direction when planning!
- Style, style, style! Every photographer is different with their photographic style, editing, and how they even work on the wedding day! It is extremely important to adore and love the style of the photographer you are contacting!
- You can ask: how long have they been photographing and how many weddings have they photographed! That will display their knowledge and expertise!
- Recommendations! Look at the reviews across the vast internet, but don’t be afraid to ask!
- View samples of various weddings! Wedding Photographers use Facebook, Instagram, and blogging to showcase work alongside of their website! Take advantage of it and view the photographers style over the course of several different weddings. Also ask to see an album of their latest work or a gallery of images!
- Trust your choice! When you find your photographer, trust them! Let the photographer do their thing. As a photographer, we know what to do! If you don’t, you’ll miss your whole day and the experience of it.
- Don’t skimp! The biggest tip that we can give to you is to never skimp on photographs, it should be the second largest portion of your budget! Why? The money that you put in for your wedding images, will be worth it! You really do get what you pay for, which is for photographs of one of the most important days of your life!
Oh, happy How To Thursday’s! Check out other posts in the How To Series!!