January 19, 2017
January 5th, 2016 – January 5th, 2017 | Owning A Home For A Year
I will tell you that my fingers took a while to hit the keys on the keyboard to type words. To tell you about owning a home has been a crazy adventure that I surely don’t want it to end. I praise God for his financial blessing in our lives to purchase this home. His beauty to create this house into a home. The protection He has given to us as we learn how to be homeowners.
One year of owning a home was something I never thought I would say at the age of twenty-three/twenty-four. Only because of how the Lord is serving our hearts and leading Jake and I to how he wanted our lives to be. I wanted to share our favorite transformations over the past year within the home along with some of our top tips to those looking into purchasing a home!
- Always give yourself time when moving in, don’t rush! This is a process that truly does take your time and needs extra time. I am still organizing and reorganizing closets! I have found that these Closetmaid 6 cube organizer! They are my life savers.
- Keep your important documents together and in one location! You never know when something will come up that you need to grab paperwork quickly and this will help you keep calm!
- Things will break, so don’t fret over it! Trust me, this took me a while to learn NOT to fret over. In our first year our AC broke 4 times, our heater broke once, our sink plumping broke twice and our stove isn’t the best when it comes to heating up. Yet, I have learned so many valuable lessons from these breaking for few home-ownership!
- Routines are the best! When you have a home, routines when it comes to cleaning will be your best friend. When you wake up and everything is cleaned and fresh, it makes you feel ready to tackle the day!
- Have fun! Remember that this house while decorating is YOUR canvas. If you want it super colorful or super neutral, you have complete control over it!